• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Experiences with Frontier Holidays

John Sikora

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Does anyone have any experience with Frontier Holidays? They've set up a walk based on my requirements that seems pretty good (58 days), but I don't have any experience with this company. It's not a group walk just setting up a bed each night.

Note: I've read many of the posts to similar questions and at the risk of being as arrogant as some of the replies please do not:

1) Tell me why I should not use an agent to set things up
2) Extol the virtues of the "adventure"

Just asking a simple question about a provider and don't need any philosophical discussions about the merits of using one.

I'll be 66 when I take the walk and would like to enjoy it as opposed to making everyday a challenge (had enough of that in my life already )

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
1. I don't know what your cost is but if you're prepared to have an occasional "problem" along the way my guess is that you will reduce your cost by 30%-40%. Maybe that's not important. Everyone (well almost everyone!) is in business to make money.
2. An "adventure" is just that - the desire to open yourself to anything which comes along. I wouldn't have it any other way.
3. I did it the #2 way at 80+ and loved every minute of it.

So you have no experience with the requested agency? Glad you have your way of traveling but I really wanted an answer to the question.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Every attempt in the past to control how Members respond has met with abject failure. However, good luck this time around! At 66, you are just a youngster at being cantankerous and controlling in the Forum.

Never heard of them . Google search not much better

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Falcon - you made me laugh
Cantankerous and controlling
That's a new one

Dax
In Pune, (a work in progress)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum