• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Exploring Camino de Torres with Google Earth and Maps

Old Hillwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2022
I'm retired, a widower of 20 years and living alone on a mountain ridgetop in the mountains of Maine, USA (N44.55162 W70.32107). Over the past few days I have begun my research in preparation for walking the Camino de Torres from Salamanca, Spain, to and through Portugal, joining the Portuguese Central route somewhat above Porto. Thence onward to Santiago.

Just for fun I decided to use Google Earth and Maps to see if I could find the often ubiquitous yellow arrows when using Street View. On some routes they are easy to find, On some nearly impossible. I discovered that the Camino Torre, my next Camino walk, seems to be pretty scarce on arrows compared to the Route Frances for example.

At one point in my Winter boredom I found myself looking for, and counting the Brass Scallop Shells on the sidewalks in major cities on the Frances while walking with street view.

Why am I not outside enjoying the blue winter skies and brilliant snow? It's 11:30 AM and still -22c here in my mountain cabin.

Old Hillwalker (Google me)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum