• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Fall foliage and flowers along the camino...

sunsengnim

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if you know what kind of flowers will be in bloom in September along the Camino Frances? Also, typically when do the leaves change color? What will be growing in the fields as well around this time? I'm planning on starting in SJPDP in early Sept and taking my sweet time until Finisterre. Thank you for such a wonderful and informative site!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Good question, but I suppose '42' is the only possible and therefore correct answer!

To start with, out of SJPdP in early September, you will te too early for the awesome Indian Summer foliage colours of the broadleaves, which comes on in October in the Pyrenees. (But you may see some of that above Cebreiro.)
Further down, you'll see a lot of ripening vine and grapes, figs should be ready, crab apple, and almonds of course. Some blackberries in the wetter spots. Ah, and all the others I just happen to not remember or could not put a name to.
If you are a botanist, you'll see plenty.

Hope this helps, a bit.

K.

YUM!

I'll be walking the same time! Starting September.

Will we have opportunity to buy/taste the figs, grapes, nuts?
I eat a mostly raw diet, so all of these sound awesome!

(I do eat meat & seafood so am also looking forward to Spanish cuisine)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum