• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

February 2018

HaveACuppaTea

Time of past OR future Camino
Feb "2018"
Hello,

I'm thinking about going on my first Camino in mid February, was just interested if anyone else was going around this time?

Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello @HaveACuppaTea
Yes, I'll be walking from SJPP on 12 February.
Where are you leaving from and do you have a start date?

Last edited:
I was intending to leave from SJPP as well. I've not decided on a start date yet, but would like to set out mid to late February. I wanted to get my footwear sorted out first, which hopefully I will do this week. I'll definitely let you know if I'm out there on your start date or close to it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hi HaveACuppaTea,
I will be starting my Camino somewhere between Feb 14 and Feb 18 from SJPP. Looking to see who will be as well.

Cheers,Katie

Hi all!

I’m planning on starting from SJPP on Feb 13/14. I’m a little bit nervous to do my first Camino during the winter, but excited! Hope to see you along the trail and welcome any advice from more experienced hikers.

See you out there.

-Miles

Hi @Miles Mercer. Even though this is not my first Camino, it's my first winter Camino and also my first solo. I can understand the nervousness I know that once I start walking, any nervousness I have will drop away with each step, and so it will for you. It's easy really, just get up each day and walk.
I'm starting on 12 Feb, but doing a short first day to stay in Valcarlos. Will most likely see you on the way!
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks for the confidence boost, Chaya! I’ll see you out there

Hi all,

Hope you're getting excited! I have a question...

I'm flying into Madrid on Feb 12 and am planning on taking a train to Pamplona to stay the night there. My plan is then to get up on the morning of the 13th and make my way to St. Jean. Im currently not seeing any buses from Pamplona to SJPP...just curious as to how you all are planning on getting there and if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

-Miles

@Miles Mercer there is a bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles all year round (extreme weather excepting), but the bus to St Jean Pied de Port is seasonal so will probably not be running when you get there. Most people catch the bus to Roncesvalles and hope to join up with others to share a taxi across to St Jean. Or just start walking from Roncesvalles (the traditional starting point for the Spaniards). You could also try putting up a post in the "taxi sharing" section of this forum.

I hope everyone is aware that the Route Napoleon is closed until the end of March, so you will be walking from St Jean Pied de Port via Valcarlos. See this thread for further details.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Kanga! This is extremely helpful information.

Most read last week in this forum