• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

ferrol v fisterra

scubajunky

hi all,
I have been to fisterra twice before and like the place and vibe, is ferrol a suitable alternative ?
I'm in melide now and will leave tomorrow for one or the other. Does ferrol have similar food,accommodation and vibe ?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
hi all,
I have been to fisterra twice before and like the place and vibe, is ferrol a suitable alternative ?
I'm in melide now and will leave tomorrow for one or the other. Does ferrol have similar food,accommodation and vibe ?
Ferrol is a much larger city, so it is quite different. Very good food, though.

There is no Albergue in Ferrol. Lots of good value hostels. It is a lovely (by the sea) CITY. Any pilgrims are generally moving on to start 1st day of Inglese.

The food is excellent. Generous tapas

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I enjoyed my stay in Ferrol. Hotel Magdalena, in Rua Magdalena. 16 Euros a night - in a single en-suite room [May 2014]. And an excellent Menu del Dia for 8 Euros in the friendly bar under the hotel - more than I could eat!
I would happily walk that camino again ..... but seem to be booked up until 2019!!!

Most read last week in this forum