• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Fiestas this year

keilnirby

I walked the camino in 2007 and am planning another one this summer, leaving in two or three weeks. I really enjoyed the fiestas in Azofra and other places along the route. They really helped mix up the solitude and contemplative walking. Does anyone know when they're happening this year? Last time, I left Pamplona on the 16th of July, I think.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
keilnirby said:
Does anyone know when they're happening this year? Last time, I left Pamplona on the 16th of July, I think.
In Pamplona starts 7th of july - 14th july.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Each place has its own fiesta -- some manage two or three. My suggestion is to simply google placename fiesta-- I have not seen a comprehensive Camino fiesta list.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The "fiesta" of sorts in Villafranca Montes de Oca (outskirts of Burgos) is in mid-September, and I believe the festival in Logrono is also in September. There is a national holiday on the weekend of Oct. 12 as well. That's about all I know.

Kelly

Most read last week in this forum