• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Figeac to Gramat - September 2014

TMcA

Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
The tourist office showed us the three streets to follow to reach the GR6. It begins very pleasantly with a more or less long straight-away through woods into more open country.

The blazes are much less frequent than on the GR65, so sometimes there will be no markings at crossings with country roads and farm roads. So just keep going straight. The blazing improves after Lacappelle Marival with one exception. About 250 meters from the fort in Lacapelle Marival one comes to a major intersection with a pharmacy to the hiker's left and a bar/resto to the right. After looking everywhere for a blaze we asked four people where the GR was. None knew. But a waitress in the bar/resto did. She laughed and said she had been asked many times.

The route to Lacapelle M. is lovely and winds up down and around rolling hills. The town of Cardaillac is charming and has a medieval garden in a parklike area on left as you enter the town. Picnic tables are not visible but are next to garden.

Stretch to Gramat from Lacapelle M. is very flat without fountains. We asked for water at a house where a man was just parking his car. He was happy to oblige.

Very few hikers compared to GR65.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Rocamadour is a joy, stay with the nuns, they have a hospice at the end of the main street just after the turn up to the church - Dijon, Le Puy, Rocamadour all Black Madonnas, something to think about, Saint Foy in Conques? Not your expected expression of things holy either.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, something to think about...just read that there are hundreds of Black Madonnas in France.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am undertaking the Le Puy way commencing on 7 June 2024. For planning I have a Cicerone Guide by Dave Whiston. I have been trying to book dormitory style accommodation for the first stage...
I have an extra private en-suite room in Marcilhac for May 8. $50. Message me!
Hi, newish pilgrim here, 20, Irish, I completed the Ingles last year and absolutely loved it, and am now setting off on le Chemin du Puy + el Camino Frances on Wednesday. I need to receive a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back