• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

fleece garment for summer Camino

HungJury

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis May/June 2022.
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
a fleece/cold weather garment?
I suggest that you not think of a "cold weather garment" but as layers to combine when the weather is cold. Then the same layers can be used in appropriate combinations for weather that is hot, warm or cool! Layers might be some type of fleece (there are many), merino wool, down or synthetic equivalent, other fabric, or even your waterproof layer.

You do need to have clothes for cool evenings, for example.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Many churches are cold even when it’s hot outside too

Maybe a long sleeve merino wool T-shirt plus a lightweight windbreaker?

You’re probably going to be OK even with an early start and through the day; but you want something to layer up with in the evening. A light inexpensive fleece would be fine.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As mentioned above, layering is the way to go from morning through evening. In addition to T-shirts and shorts, I always travel with a long sleeved, wicking under layer, a fleece or down vest, and a raincoat. Then, depending on the weather or temperatures, I can mix or match my various garments to afford the most comfort.

i would take a thin merino zip up hoody and a rain coat (shell)

Most read last week in this forum