• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

from Madrid to Sarria best way to get there

adridani

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances (2013)
My husband and I are arriving at Madrid from USA, starting El Camino at Sarria. What's the best way to get there, bus or train? Our days to walk El Camino not a lot.
Thanks to all

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In 2011 I went Miami-Santiago de Compostela (landed in Madrid and 2 hours later got the connection) Paid $ 50.00 extra for the round trip. From Santiago airport I got a bus to Lugo and there another local connection to Sarria. Check my comments for 2011 you can get the information there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would recommend taking the Renfe Trenhotel. Buen Camino.

Bus from Madrid to Sarria- best way to get there

Check ALSA bus service from Madrid Barajas airport , there's a direct night bus and more during the day.
When you want to purchase the ticket use the MOVELIA site which is ALSA site for foreigners.
This bus is faster and cheaper then the train.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum