Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

FYI: Major EU airlines agree to refund passengers after pandemic flight cancellations

sugargypsy

Past OR future Camino
CF 2019
Planning: CP / CF or CdN 2022
Since some pilgrims here had difficulties with the fact that their canceled flights during the pandemic were not reimbursed by some European airlines, but they instead only received vouchers, these news maybe interesting.

16 airlines agreed to clear refund backlogs, to better inform travellers when companies would cancel flights and to offer vouchers only when passengers chose them.

The airlines included Air France-KLM, British Airways, Easyjet, Lufthansa, Ryanair, TAP, and Wizz Air among others.
Here's the link to the source.

Last edited:
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Past OR future Camino
Frances - 2009
Portuguese Interior (2014)
Hadrian's Wall (2017)
Porto to SdC ( Seaside) 2019
I'm still waiting for Iberia AL to decide to return my $. They, supposedly, have admitted I couldn't travel in Oct 2020. Not much hope for the refund or a voucher.:rolleyes:

PeteD

Past OR future Camino
@flewitheagles you're made more progress than I ever did. I was only ever offered a voucher with Iberia for a March 2020 cancellation which was extended once to allow me to take a flight by Sept 2021! Still not able to get out of Australia so no chance of that happening. Iberia have ignored my emails (in English and Spanish) asking for an extension until at least a time when I could get there. Oh well, might just be my Covid donation to the Spanish economy. Next time I'll take the train ;)

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
@flewitheagles you're made more progress than I ever did. I was only ever offered a voucher with Iberia for a March 2020 cancellation which was extended once to allow me to take a flight by Sept 2021! Still not able to get out of Australia so no chance of that happening. Iberia have ignored my emails (in English and Spanish) asking for an extension until at least a time when I could get there. Oh well, might just be my Covid donation to the Spanish economy. Next time I'll take the train ;)
We share a frustration with Iberia. I recently tried to change a ticket, in attempting to use their voucher. The machine would not allow a change of airport or destination. Their phone line did not like my accent. I closed the file. Then I had to get a new ticket from a different airport, due to a need to return home via London. No problem, no stress. And Renfe are on strike in some parts of Spain right now!
By the time you are able to travel, you will just get a new ticket and swallow the frustration, I hope. :cool:

Ctshagr

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances- Sarria to Santiago (2017)
Camino Portugués - Porto to Santiago (2018)
I'm still waiting for Iberia AL to decide to return my $. They, supposedly, have admitted I couldn't travel in Oct 2020. Not much hope for the refund or a voucher.:rolleyes:
Call them with your booking code. I live in the US and was supposed to go in March 2020. I got a voucher only no refund it’s good to March 31, 2022. I would rather have a refund but better than nothing.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads