• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Getting started on Thursday March 6th in Sarria

Kerstin

Hi everybody,

this will be my first time to Santiago. I will arrive in S. on Thursday, will take the bus to Lugo and then to Sarria or possibly Triacastela, it depends on how puntual my flight will be :lol: .

Anyone planning to be in Sarria on Thursday?

Kind regards Kerstin from Germany

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Kerstin,
If you start in Tricastela try to attend the evening mass. The priest is very jovial and holds an interactive mass where pilgrims from different countries are asked to share the 'stage' with him, reading different languages. It was one of my favourites!
Go well!

In May I will also be doing a short stretch of the camino and if you are in still flexible in your starting point you might want to look at it as a possible alternative route.
I will arrive at Santiago airport then bus to Lugo then diffrent bus (Alsa) to Villafranca del Bierzo.
Villafranca is just before the steep climb up O Cebreiro so it depends whether you want an energetic start to your walk or not.
Have a superb trip
Laura

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Laura,

I'm afraid I won't have the time, my schedule is very tight, Triacastela would already be the absolute max. But thanks for the tip - I'll do it next time

So, now I'm off, the last preparations... I'll start my journey in 16 hours!!!

Most read last week in this forum