• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to LCG Airport?

gracielousmiles

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: July 3rd 2017
Hello everyone!

Currently on the last leg of my Camino! I'm set to get to Santiago on Sunday and have an 11:00 am flight out of A Coruña Airport the following day on Monday.

My first choice was to take the bus to the airport but I'm nervous about the strike. Can I count on the buses? Is the train an option? If not, do I take a taxi? Is it to late to arrange a taxi? Who do I call?

Clearly I'm a bit anxious so any help at all would be wonderful!

Thank you

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Are the A Coruña buses also on strike? If not then it should be easy enough to take a train to A Coruña and a short bus ride to the airport. Or a taxi from the A Coruña railway station. Airport buses run from a bus stop about 100m or so from the rail station.

Hi @gracielousmiles, you can easily take a train to La Coruña, then catch a taxi to the airport. The train schedule and prices are here: https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/506337769/train

I'm not sure about the price of a taxi to the airport but you'll find a line of taxis right outside the train station in Coruña.

Were you referring to the bus strike that was happening a couple of weeks ago? That would have affected buses in Galicia, not just in Santiago - but for now things have calmed down and unless I've missed something I think the strike is paused (or over).

Have a wonderful last couple of days walking!
Faith

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum