• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to get from Lisbon airport to Porto?

Anniespar

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm doing the Camino in April 2024
Hi all

This will be my first solo trip starting in Porto! When I land in Lisbon in the morning, should I simply get a flight from Lisbon to Porto OR, leave the airport and try to find the train station (without knowing Spanish) and take a train to Porto? I'll be a solo female and travelling for the first time by myself to Portugal and I'm very anxious.........I want to do what is easiest and safest!! I have a hotel booked in Porto already. I wanted to fly directly to Porto from Toronto via Air Canada but there is no direct flight to Porto(which is why I'm flying into Lisbon). Any suggestions?????

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You can and that’s the easiest. Other options are a short subway ride to the train station where you can catch a direct train to Porto or a similar bus ride to the bus station to catch the bus to Porto. A taxi can take you to either station if you’d like to simplify that part of the ride. Flights in Europe can be quite cheap, but if it’s not part of your original ticket to Lisbon, then you will have issues if your original plane is delayed and you miss the flight to Porto.

From Lisbon airport it’s a short metro ride on the red line to Oriente, from where trains leave for Porto. You could also take Uber from the airport to Oriente; Uber is cheap in Portugal and this ride should cost less than €10.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When I land in Lisbon in the morning, should I simply get a flight from Lisbon to Porto OR, leave the airport and try to find the train station (without knowing Spanish)
First of all, they speak Portuguese in Portugal.😉 In the large cities and towns many people speak English too - especially in tourist areas.

Is your hotel reservation in Porto the same day that you arrive in Lisbon?

It probably would be easiest to fly to Porto, but do make sure that you leave plenty of time between flights since they will be on separate tickets.

From Lisbon airport it’s a short metro ride on the red line to Oriente, from where trains leave for Porto. You could also take Uber from the airport to Oriente; Uber is cheap in Portugal and this ride should cost less than €10.
Oh that's easy, thanks, I'll do that!

First of all, they speak Portuguese in Portugal.😉 In the large cities and towns many people speak English too - especially in tourist areas.

Is your hotel reservation in Porto the same day that you arrive in Lisbon?

It probably would be easiest to fly to Porto, but do make sure that you leave plenty of time between flights since they will be on separate tickets.
Yes, I totally forgot, Portuguese it is!! Yes, my hotel reservation in Porto is the same day I fly into Lisbon. The train ride is only 2/3 hours to Porto so I thought it would be a nice way to travel to Porto.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all

When I land in Lisbon in the morning, should I simply get a flight from Lisbon to Porto OR, leave the airport and try to find the train station (without knowing Spanish) and take a train to Porto?
No problem: In Portugal they don't speak Spanish; They speak Portuguese. :cool: And most people in Portugal are good at speaking English, contrary to Spain.

You can and that’s the easiest. Other options are a short subway ride to the train station where you can catch a direct train to Porto or a similar bus ride to the bus station to catch the bus to Porto. A taxi can take you to either station if you’d like to simplify that part of the ride. Flights in Europe can be quite cheap, but if it’s not part of your original ticket to Lisbon, then you will have issues if your original plane is delayed and you miss the flight to Porto.
Thanks. Yes, I would ensure lots of time between when I land in Lisbon and when my flight would leave for Porto.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Make sure to consult Rome2Rio or Trainline for the scheduled departure times for trains and buses from Lisbon.
Rome2Rio is good for checking route options but for timetables it’s much better to go to the source. This is the English version of the Portuguese trains website:

Like others have said, easy metro to oriente where there are hourly trains to Porto. Follow exit signs in airport, and entrance to metro is right outside. I just did that earlier this week, and was on a train within an hour of landing in Lisbon. I was also nervous as this was my first solo trip, and I think that option allows for flight delays or long customs lines the best. There is also option for fast train, which I took and highly recommend. Cost is a little more, but nicer train with fewer stops and I was able to get a little nap in. Good luck!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
There’s only one line from the airport and only one direction (i.e. the airport is the final stop), so it’s literally impossible to take the wrong metro train. Bom caminho!
When you say "metro", do you mean the underground subway or do you mean the above ground "train"? In Toronto, we use different words (bus, GO train and then the underground subway system)

Like others have said, easy metro to oriente where there are hourly trains to Porto. Follow exit signs in airport, and entrance to metro is right outside. I just did that earlier this week, and was on a train within an hour of landing in Lisbon. I was also nervous as this was my first solo trip, and I think that option allows for flight delays or long customs lines the best. There is also option for fast train, which I took and highly recommend. Cost is a little more, but nicer train with fewer stops and I was able to get a little nap in. Good luck!!
Sorry, I need clarification due to the words you are using........ "metro to oriente" (metro is the subway and oriente which is the train station?).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@jungleboy is a recent resident of Lisbon so would follow his advice and get an Uber to Oriente station. You can download the Uber app and also the CP railway app (Comboios de Portugal) app to. I found them to be useful for my trip between Lisbon and Porto last month.

Also being picked up at the airport was much better than waiting in line for a cab / avoiding the taxi touts at the airport.

If you haves some time, the Parque das Nações (cafes, restaurant, art installations) just a short walk away from Oriente Station is a nice place to have a break before your onward journey

Attachments

• Lisbon.jpg
    Lisbon.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’ve done two options: 1) take the subway to Oriente station and take the train to Porto. Totally manageable and a long enough ride to catch a nap before arriving. Or 2) fly from Lisbon to Porto. About 60 mins. Arrive at an airport that’s on a subway line. Faster. No naps.

Sorry for the thread hijack... after my trans-Atlantic flight, I'm overnighting in Lisbon, before going on to Porto via train. My hostel in Lisbon is a lot closer to Santa Apolonia station (ie, within walking distance) than it is to Oriente. From what I'm seeing on the cp.pt website, I can get on an Alfa Pendular at Santa Apolonia at 9am to go to Porto. It appears to stop at Oriente as well... but do I have to transfer trains at Oriente? Or is it just one fast train to Porto without having to transfer?

Last edited:
Sorry for the thread hijack... after my trans-Atlantic flight, I'm overnighting in Lisbon, before going on to Porto via train. My hostel in Lisbon is a lot closer to Santa Apolonia station (ie, within walking distance) than it is to Oriente. From what I'm seeing on the cp.pt website, I can get on an Alfa Pendular at Santa Apolonia at 9am to go to Porto. It appears to stop at Oriente as well... but do I have to transfer trains at Oriente? Or is it just one fast train train to Porto without having to transfer?
Same train, it stops at both stations.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
An option that requires some confidence is to approach others who have come off your flight carrying backpacks. Mention that you were about to order an Uber and did they care to share the ride? They may inform how they are proceeding and to where. Then you have an option to join with them, build your group.

Remember, the trip is an adventure. Allow some chances to let some of that adventure in, but always keep safe.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have flown to Lisbon, from the US, and traveled to Porto or on to other EU countries frequently. If you want the easiest option on arrival, fly to Porto in under an hour. I try to leave ~2 hours between flights and it’s been enough. Of course, there can always be more extreme delays but I haven’t encountered them. Otherwise the train and buses are both good options. It just depends on what you feel like navigating when you first arrive. I hope you love your Camino! It was my first and I have kept coming back!

I did this in 2022 (landed in Lisbon, actually just walked to the Oriente train station (it's a straight shot and not super far with a backpack rather than rolly luggage), sidewalks right from the airport door -- i had this thing about "starting my Camino" that way i guess if it seemed possible), train to Porto. There's a decent little cafe in the train station too if you have to wait. I get a bit panicky about finding the right track and all in any city, but it was straightforward.

You can always use Google Translate (GT) in your communications. It's not perfect but it hasn't failed me. The first time I used it I was traveling solo trying to buy a bus ticket. I typed what I wanted into GT on my phone and had it translated it into the language I wanted. Then I showed my phone to the agent. Got my ticket and was pretty sure the agent appreciated the clarity rather than me bumbling in a language I don't speak. You can also use the camera feature to translate written info. Enable the camera in GT, point it at the written info, and it will give you the language version you need.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lisbon's airport is very close to the city, hence the low cost to get to the Oriente train station. Porto's airport is quite a ways out. The advantage of taking the train is that you'll be going city centre to city centre and can skip the travel from Porto airport to the centre of the city. Plus you'll see some of the country, can stretch your legs by walking through the train, have a drink and snack in the bar car (assuming you're on a train with one - - I think it's pretty likely), and have a nap if you want.

In Porto, the train will end at Campanha station. If you're staying near there, go out of the station and take Uber, a taxi or walk to your accommodation. If you're staying near the centre of Porto, transfer onto a free (yes, no extra charge with your Lisbon to Porto ticket) train to Sao Bento station. These trains run every 15 minutes and the trip takes about four or five minutes. Just ask someone where to wait for it. If you go to Sao Bento you'll be close to the cathedral (se) where I gather (because I haven't walked the CP but have been to Porto many times) lots of people get their first stamp.

If you want to go to a gorgeous cafe near Sao Bento, head up the road to Rua de Sta Catharina to the Majestic Cafe. Despite its gorgeous decor, they have never been "snobby" to me, and I've had as little as just a glass of wine, to a delicious breakfast or lunch. A lot of people seem intimidated by the interior, glancing quickly while standing at the threshold, then backing away and leaving. The cafe also has a patio which is particularly appealing on a warm evening. Plus, on the walls near the ceiling you'll see the happiest gods and cherubs ever! https://www.cafemajestic.com/en/Utilities/Homepage.aspx

Bom caminho from a fellow Canadian.

Hi all

This will be my first solo trip starting in Porto! When I land in Lisbon in the morning, should I simply get a flight from Lisbon to Porto OR, leave the airport and try to find the train station (without knowing Spanish) and take a train to Porto? I'll be a solo female and travelling for the first time by myself to Portugal and I'm very anxious.........I want to do what is easiest and safest!! I have a hotel booked in Porto already. I wanted to fly directly to Porto from Toronto via Air Canada but there is no direct flight to Porto(which is why I'm flying into Lisbon). Any suggestions?????
Take a cab direct from the airport to Lisboa - Oriente station, you will need to travel to Porto - Sao Bento station which is one of the most beautiful in Europe. Note the details of the trip, you will get off at Porto - Campanha and transfer to the local commuter to Sao Bento. From there the Porto cathedral is a short walk. If you have the time I highly recommend at least a day in both Lisbon and Porto they are magnificent cities. You can book your train ticket in advance, it is a nice ride. https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This was a great thread with answers to all my questions, I am heading out from Lisbon airport on April 4th with my first stay in Porto. Thanks to all!

I am flying to Lisbon for my April Camino, starting from Porto. Reason is Emirates does not fly to Porto, and rather than take second airline (with uncertain baggage transfer) I will bus into the Lisbon station and get the fast train to Porto. I have booked my first two nights in a hostel across the road from the Porto train station.
In hindsight, I might have considered overnighting in Lisbon, getting a flight to Porto and starting my walk from the airport on the Coastal. But I need to recover from the flight from Australia and see a bit of Porto, so...

At 77, I upped stakes in USA and moved to Portugal last summer. Landed smack dab and blinking in a Portuguese dawn in the middle of a train strike, because the Pope is coming, and nothing says "we need more money" than having a transport strike in the middle of the Pope's visit. My Lisbon airport cab driver (Cape Verde islander and an absolute sweetheard) took me to Oriente; I paid €22.00 for a one way train to Coimbra, my new home. Please note: your train ticket will have a number corresponding to your seat number on the train. "I did not know that", to paraphrase MIchael Caine. Imagine my embarassment when I discovered my seat-hopping-to-get-a-good-view-of-passing-countryside-in-my-new-home-country meant a not happy German hoiding his ticket, for his seat, not mine, advisedme otherwise. I found my seat matching ticket and sat meekly with hands folded until Coimbra. Ticket stub = seat number. Ultreya!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have flown to Lisbon, from the US, and traveled to Porto or on to other EU countries frequently. If you want the easiest option on arrival, fly to Porto in under an hour. I try to leave ~2 hours between flights and it’s been enough. Of course, there can always be more extreme delays but I haven’t encountered them. Otherwise the train and buses are both good options. It just depends on what you feel like navigating when you first arrive. I hope you love your Camino! It was my first and I have kept coming back!
Perfect response - thank-you!!

At 77, I upped stakes in USA and moved to Portugal last summer. Landed smack dab and blinking in a Portuguese dawn in the middle of a train strike, because the Pope is coming, and nothing says "we need more money" than having a transport strike in the middle of the Pope's visit. My Lisbon airport cab driver (Cape Verde islander and an absolute sweetheard) took me to Oriente; I paid €22.00 for a one way train to Coimbra, my new home. Please note: your train ticket will have a number corresponding to your seat number on the train. "I did not know that", to paraphrase MIchael Caine. Imagine my embarassment when I discovered my seat-hopping-to-get-a-good-view-of-passing-countryside-in-my-new-home-country meant a not happy German hoiding his ticket, for his seat, not mine, advisedme otherwise. I found my seat matching ticket and sat meekly with hands folded until Coimbra. Ticket stub = seat number. Ultreya!
Oh My Gosh what a great story!! You are very brave my dear........I'm not there yet. Yes, my anxiety always plays with my mind and I keep thinking something like that will happen to me too and I almost feel like canceling my trip (I'm working on managing that anxiety!). Thank-you for sharing your story and congratulations on making such a big move in your life, I wish you the best on your next chapter!

Lisbon's airport is very close to the city, hence the low cost to get to the Oriente train station. Porto's airport is quite a ways out. The advantage of taking the train is that you'll be going city centre to city centre and can skip the travel from Porto airport to the centre of the city. Plus you'll see some of the country, can stretch your legs by walking through the train, have a drink and snack in the bar car (assuming you're on a train with one - - I think it's pretty likely), and have a nap if you want.

In Porto, the train will end at Campanha station. If you're staying near there, go out of the station and take Uber, a taxi or walk to your accommodation. If you're staying near the centre of Porto, transfer onto a free (yes, no extra charge with your Lisbon to Porto ticket) train to Sao Bento station. These trains run every 15 minutes and the trip takes about four or five minutes. Just ask someone where to wait for it. If you go to Sao Bento you'll be close to the cathedral (se) where I gather (because I haven't walked the CP but have been to Porto many times) lots of people get their first stamp.

If you want to go to a gorgeous cafe near Sao Bento, head up the road to Rua de Sta Catharina to the Majestic Cafe. Despite its gorgeous decor, they have never been "snobby" to me, and I've had as little as just a glass of wine, to a delicious breakfast or lunch. A lot of people seem intimidated by the interior, glancing quickly while standing at the threshold, then backing away and leaving. The cafe also has a patio which is particularly appealing on a warm evening. Plus, on the walls near the ceiling you'll see the happiest gods and cherubs ever! https://www.cafemajestic.com/en/Utilities/Homepage.aspx

Bom caminho from a fellow Canadian.
Thank-you! I need to get to the San Bento station so I will transfer onto the free train to Sao Bento station! (didn't know I had to do that!). I'm in Porto for 1 day so I'll definitely drop by the Majestic Cafe and not be intimidated!!!! This is my first solo trip and first Camino and I'm terrified to do this but after listening to people on this forum, I feel I will be OK!!

You can always use Google Translate (GT) in your communications. It's not perfect but it hasn't failed me. The first time I used it I was traveling solo trying to buy a bus ticket. I typed what I wanted into GT on my phone and had it translated it into the language I wanted. Then I showed my phone to the agent. Got my ticket and was pretty sure the agent appreciated the clarity rather than me bumbling in a language I don't speak. You can also use the camera feature to translate written info. Enable the camera in GT, point it at the written info, and it will give you the language version you need.
Perfect, thanks!! I didn't know that was possible!

Hi all

Dont try to speak Spanish in Lisbon , we speak Portuguese in Portugal. Get the metro to Oriente station then the train to Porto, it’s really easy . If In doubt ask someone to help you . Say” quero adjuda “ I want help

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi all

Fly TAP. Toronto-Lisbon-Porto. Take the metro line (train) from Porto airport to downtown Porto. Lots of people speak English in Portugal. Don’t be afraid to ask. Bom Caminho. 🤞👍 🎒 🥾

or you take the Rede Bus from Oriente for less than 5€ to Porto (!). There are a lot of connections all over the day. https://rede-expressos.pt/pt/horarios-bilhetes

Hi all

Check out Monbus from Lisbon . . .I'm doing the same hop and seems like they have good service up the coast from Portugal. Oriente station, I think, is where they depart so you need that link via bus

Hi all

Spend a day or two in Lisbon and enjoy it! Your English will serve you well. Not to worry about not speaking the language, which is Portuguese. From your lodging, you can easily get to the train station. May want to purchase tickets the day before if convenient (plus it will ease your mind on how to get there - there are buses and a subway, but generally not too far to just walk) and head to Porto. The train takes ~3 and 1/2 hours. And do see the beautiful azulies in the Porto train station!

Thanks! And thanks to the OP. I had the same question but haven't spent any time investigating options yet. My Camino isn't until mid-May. I figured it would be easy to get there. Getting back to Lisbon from Santiago is a different matter. Can't find any direct options.

Thanks! And thanks to the OP. I had the same question but haven't spent any time investigating options yet. My Camino isn't until mid-May. I figured it would be easy to get there. Getting back to Lisbon from Santiago is a different matter. Can't find any direct options.
Hi - I have the same problem and all I could find is a bus from Santiago to Lisbon that has 1 stop and takes 7 hours but I figure it will be nice to sit for a while and watch the scenery. I am interested in any other suggestions that come up.

There is a direct bus, or at least there was. In the past it left Santiago around midday and arrived in Lisbon at about 8:30pm but I haven’t looked it up in recent years.

There is a direct bus, or at least there was. In the past it left Santiago around midday and arrived in Lisbon at about 8:30pm but I haven’t looked it up in recent years.
Thanks of the info! I did find a bus that took 8 hours and had one transfer (I seem to remember it being Porto). That's probably the one you are referring to.

The Train option is also about 8 hours with 2 transfers.

There were some flying options via Barcelona or Madrid, but they go expensive and also involved transfers. Basically, not an option.

We haven't decided yet between the bis or the train. Will make that decision when we get closer to our May departure for Lisbon.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi - I have the same problem and all I could find is a bus from Santiago to Lisbon that has 1 stop and takes 7 hours but I figure it will be nice to sit for a while and watch the scenery. I am interested in any other suggestions that come up.
See my reply to Jungleboy. I too found the bus option. I also found a train option with 2 transfers. Haven't decided yet which we'll use. I generally like train travel because there's more room to get up and walk around but I think it's a bit longer and involves one more transfer than the bus.

I did find a bus that took 8 hours and had one transfer (I seem to remember it being Porto). That's probably the one you are referring to.
I don’t know where you’re looking but I just ran a search at ALSA and found a bus without a transfer for a random day next week.

The 9:30am bus below has no transfers. The 11:30am bus has one transfer (transbordo).

IMG_6850.jpeg

Thank-you! I need to get to the San Bento station so I will transfer onto the free train to Sao Bento station! (didn't know I had to do that!). I'm in Porto for 1 day so I'll definitely drop by the Majestic Cafe and not be intimidated!!!! This is my first solo trip and first Camino and I'm terrified to do this but after listening to people on this forum, I feel I will be OK!!
You will be ok! Once you're on the ground there it will be much easier than you think.
The Portuguese are lovely, generally helpful, and so many speak English ( but if you have a few words of Portuguese, they appreciate it).
Both my Camino's have been through Portugal, the first from Porto, second from Lisbon, and I've spent many days walking through both cities, I love them both. I've always felt safe, even away from the normal touristy areas.

Enjoy! This will be a good start to your solo journeys.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here is a diagram of the Porto metro: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/a5/46/36a5460d1a11e1f0756c9fbe4736cfd8.png. You might be better served by finding a metro station closer to where you have booked accommodation if it is closer to a station on the Blue or Red lines. Sao Bento is on the Yellow line, and you and your baggage will need to change lines at Trindade.

Hi all

Are you stuck on air canada? Cause i fly air transat direct from TO.

Here is a diagram of the Porto metro: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/36/a5/46/36a5460d1a11e1f0756c9fbe4736cfd8.png. You might be better served by finding a metro station closer to where you have booked accommodation if it is closer to a station on the Blue or Red lines. Sao Bento is on the Yellow line, and you and your baggage will need to change lines at Trindade.
My hotel is next to the Sao Bento station. So, I need to take the Yellow Line but didn't know I had to change lines, you're the first person to tell me that. I was told it's a direct train ride, no changes required if going to Sao Bento station.......now I'm confused again and getting frustrated!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all

I walked and found it fabulous.

Direct, right into Porto?
Yeah, Air Transat flies direct YYZ - OPO (Toronto to Porto), but only on certain days of the week. (More often in summer, less often in other seasons). I would have loved to have taken that direct flight, but I'm travelling from Victoria, so the return from Porto to Victoria doesn't work for me as I'd have to overnight in Toronto.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My hotel is next to the Sao Bento station. So, I need to take the Yellow Line but didn't know I had to change lines, you're the first person to tell me that. I was told it's a direct train ride, no changes required if going to Sao Bento station.......now I'm confused again and getting frustrated!
I'm sorry, but this might confuse you more. There is an urban train from Campanha to Sao Bento that wouldn't require you to make a change after Campanha coming from Lisbon. I had overlooked that option when I posted earlier. Its not an option that I have used visiting Porto because I generally travelled by bus to Campanha, and went straight from that onto the metro. When I have travelled there by train it was to catch the train to Vigo, and the change of trains was all done at the train station level of the interchange. This would make it somewhat easier for you getting to Sao Bento as it would mean arriving at one platform, and finding the platform for the Urbano service into Sao Bento. I did a quick check on the CP website, and it would appear that there wouldn't be much more than a 20 minute wait for the next service. You would have to check what platform you needed to leave from if that wasn't already listed on your ticket. It's probably a five minute train ride from Campanha into Sao Bento.

Hope your trip goes well, Bom Caminjo.

I am also flying from Canada to Lisbon (better price and connections for me), so have read this thread with interest. The comments and input seem pretty straight forward so feel more confident and will plan to train directly to Porto rather than stop over in Lisbon. I will return to lisbon at the end of my journey to visit with family in the area so will save these sights for then.

Hi all

If you have the time, you may want to consider taking the bus and stopping in Fatima which is about halfway. A few hours stop there is enough and it’s really something worth visiting. You can leave luggage in the bus station for a few euro. There are regular busses from Fatima to Porto. Depends on your timing, it’s an easy trip leaving morning from Lisbon, a couple of hours in Fatima and then on to Porto late afternoon.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back