• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting to Orbigo - easier from Madrid or Barcelona?

Joanne P

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June 2018 & June 2023
Well, it's almost time to start watching out for flights specials for next year.
We want to start by going to the Medieval Festival in Orbigo.
Is it going to be easier to get to Orbigo from Madrid or Barcelona .... or wont it make much difference?

Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Check/compare the basic routes/transports/times/costs to travel from both Madrid and Barcelona to Hospitall de Orbigo on www.Rome2Rio.com.

Do be aware that Hospital de Orbigo is a small village and that much accommodation for the 2018 medieval fair which usually is in early June may already be booked.

Here is their recent 2017 program.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Thanks for that transport link, I will check it out.
Hmm, it hadn't occurred to me that accommodation might be booked out this far in advance. I will get on to that before booking flights.
Thanks again, that's been very helpful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
In general terms, Madrid is nearer, and offers more transportation options. Check ALSA and RENFE.
If you have problems with lodging, take note that León (a big city) is just half an hour from Orbigo. Frequent bus rides, too.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum