• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Good gite in Le Puy

Ozzie M

We will be 8 people setting out on our walk from Le Puy. DP or near to restaurants.
Can anyone recommend a good gite in Le Puy?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
https://accueilsaintfrancoislepuy.jimdo.com/le-gîte/le-gîte-d-étape/

Hi Ozzie,

I stayed there twice, once when I started out the Le-Puy-way in a cold February, and once when I arrived in Le Puy from Geneva in October. It is a lovely gite in the centre of the old town very close to the cathedral, hosted by St. Franciscan nuns. You need to book in advance if you are in a larger group - they have 19 beds in 13 rooms and generally very nice facilities, including a large kitchen/day room with great views and a garden.
It is ~20 Euros with breakfast, but ideal to ease you in gently to the perhaps more spartan accommodations further along the way.
Also just opposite and down along the cobbled street is a very nice restaurant with outside seating.

Steff

Last edited:
We will be 8 people setting out on our walk from Le Puy. DP or near to restaurants.
Can anyone recommend a good gite in Le Puy?
Thank you Steff .. sounds great!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I heard this is now a private back and breakfast and no longer run by the nuns.

Most read last week in this forum