A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Grandas de Salime

Lvra

Camino(s) past & future
Hello,
Does anyone know a nice place to stay in Grandas de Salime? Small guesthouse, private room?
Thank you in advance!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Hello,
Does anyone know a nice place to stay in Grandas de Salime? Small guesthouse, private room?
Thank you in advance!
The Las Grandas Hotel is just after you cross the dam. It is awesome and reasonable, and they have a nice restaurant as well. If nothing else, stop in and have a drink or lunch on their lovely terrace, which overlooks the water from above. Staying here was one of my favorite memories on the Primitivo!
P.S. @peregrina2000 has said there are albergue rooms at this hotel, too, which I was unaware of in May 2016.

Camino(s) past & future
Many
The Las Grandas Hotel is just after you cross the dam. It is awesome and reasonable, and they have a nice restaurant as well. If nothing else, stop in and have a drink or lunch on their lovely terrace, which overlooks the water from above. Staying here was one of my favorite memories on the Primitivo!
P.S. @peregrina2000 has said there are albergue rooms at this hotel, too, which I was unaware of in May 2016.
I second this idea. It's not the same as being in the town but there is a charm to the location and it does split the climb a bit.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We stayed at the Las Grandas, just above the dam, too and they were so very helpful. We have also stayed at the Hotel La Barra, opposite the church and right in the centre of town.
The food is good at the Restaurante Arreigada and they have a few rooms too, just off the centre.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
If you do stop at Las Grandas - even if just for a breather as we did - a bowl of icecream on the terrace is a treat!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%