• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Great albergue Camino Frances

Tali

5-time Perigrina
Time of past OR future Camino
15, 17, 18, & 22 - CF
18 - CE
22 - CN
23 - CFin/M
About 12 km from Santo Domingo de la Calzada is a hamlet Castildelrado. I highly recommend Albergue Bideluze! Beautiful garden, lovely hospitalaria, delicious communal meal. The are allowing only half capacity for the time being so no one in the upper bunks. Clean. Quiet.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Details from the Gronze website. Might be of interest for future pilgrims.

I stayed here in 2017 and will be back in a few weeks time. So glad to hear it's as lovely as ever. Last time we had an exquisite vegan meal here.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I am here now at this lovely albergue- Bideluze. I thank you for pointing it out. It is my favorite so far ( apart from Beilari SJPDP) a real treat to sit in the beautiful garden after a hot dusty walk. A warm welcome, dinner is cooking and smells good

On the subject of albergues on the Camino Frances, in the stretch between Fromista and beyond Leon, many (thought not all) municipal albergues are still closed.

Most read last week in this forum