• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

haemodialysis on the Camino route?

rachelireland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2017
Hi. I am a haemodialysis patient which means I have to receive 3 or 4 hours dialysis every alternate day. The most I can stretch out a break in dialysis would be 48 hours without any.
I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who may have found a way to do the Camino while linking up with local dialysis centres to gey their treatment on the way? Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Rachel

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the Forum!

Do browse through the Forum topic regarding Medical Issues to read many inspiring posts by other pilgrims who have walked in spite of various health problems.

From another web here is one account of a pilgrim needing dialysis walking through Galicia.
Click here to read more of his story.

Please do let us know other sources and accounts that you find in your current search for info.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Whoops poor editing see my comment in yellow box

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I can't like your post enough! Thank you for sharing your exciting plans.

I have a great deal of empathy for you in your quest to find a way to make your journey! I will be glad to find out how everything goes.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum