• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

He handbiked the Camino Frances in 5 stages

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The pilgrim I met with one leg, Luis, introduced me to a man in Santiago who also was on crutches. He had done the Camino Frances seven times on an adaptive bicycle. He was something of a permanent pilgrim. He traveled on a bicycle, but used his crutches to get around towns in the evening. They both said that the trickiest part of the adventure was slippery showers.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My younger son (34 year-old) who has been a wheelchair all his life, has just bought a customed made handbike and tells me that he will do the Camino one day. EEeeeeek!! I have nightmares just thinking about it!

Sil,
If he wants it, he can do it!

In June and July 2000 Ad Hermans handbiked from Haarlem (the Netherlands) to Santiago in 5 weeks (= approx. 2550 km) together with is wife, her sister and brother in law on normal bikes.
After that they also went to Rome!
http://www.adhermans.nl/old/index.html

Unfortunately only in Dutch....

Jan Brilleman

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum