• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Heading back

Time of past OR future Camino
First camino for June 2016. 2nd planning for June 2017.
Well, the time is quickly approaching for my return to the camino. I will fly into Madrid on June 4th at 9am. I should be able to make it all the way to SJPDP by that afternoon or early evening. Any suggestions? I've walked the Frances the last two years but never flown into Madrid before. Two years ago I arrived in Barcelona and last year into Paris. Have made reservations at Beliari for the 4th in SJPDP.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Rupert... what kinds of suggestions are you looking for?

Easiest way to get from Madrid to Pamplona

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
FLY. Iberia makes several runs daily. Other than that, you can take a bus or a train. The bus leaves direct from Terminal 4. The train leaves from downtown, you need to take a train from the airport to connect.

Thank you. Will weigh which is best option.

Go to www.movelia.es and look for the bus schedule from the airport.
Then go to either ALSA or CONDA to buy the ticket itself.
I do this every year and love the Spanish buses.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for the advice. Looks like I am going to take the bus.

Most read last week in this forum