• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello

tiaguinho535

Hello,
My name is Tiago and I'm from Portugal. I want to do the french camino this summer, and im thinking about leaving in 20 of june from SJPP and im going alone. can anyone help me with this issues?

im leaving lisbon to hendaye by train. according to the french railroad site i can get a train from hendaye to bayone and another to SJPP. i think ill get there at 10 am. can i get my credencial at SJPP? i read there is a 8 hour walk to roncesvalles up to 1500 m, so i dont want to walk it alone, just for precaution (first walk, night spent on train). is it easy to find pelligrins at SJPP? Is anyone starting the camino in that day or other days next to that day?

thanks for your help

Tiago

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tiago,
Yes, you can get your credencial at SJPP. The "amis de saint-jacques" (friends of Santiago) can get it for you. they are located at the end of "Rue de citadel" (i think the number is 39) (i do not know if they are open all day, tho it is possible--if not the Camino is very much a part of the life of SJPP, a local person can probably help you find what you are looking for) When I took my train to SJPP, everyone on the bus was a pelerin, and I just followed them to this place. (this was in the evening and most people started walking the next morning--i am not sure about your 10:00 arrival, but it is not unlikely that other peregrinos will be there. If you don't get your credencial in SJPP, you can get in in Roncesvalles, I am almost certain.
Buen Camino,
peregrinob ps your name is perfect!

hi,

change of plans, im leaving lisbon 15 of june and start the camino from SJPP at 16 of june.

:D see you all in the camino and thanx for your help!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello peregrinos, we are Sara and Giuseppe, a Italian couple, we lost today a sleeping bag, in the way, from Pamplona to Puente De la Reina, anyone has found it? Let us know please.
Greetings to everyone, my name is Emre, I am actually from Turkey but I am currently doing an internship in Paris. I have had experience with routes such as the Lycian Way before, so I think I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.