• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi! I'm filling the piggy bank for 2017!

Coinrolls

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for mid June, 2017, with my daughter who will be 9 years old then.
Hello, I'm new here (obviously). My name is Mary and my daughter and I are planning to walk the Camino in the summer months of 2017. She'll be 9 years old by then, and even though she's a total baby now (at 6 years old she still gets whiny and cry-ly when tired), I think by taking it slow, spending two nights in hotels in bigger towns, and taking a train a couple hundred kilometers she'll be old enough to enjoy the journey.
I'm not doing much planning or preparing right now except some reading and saving $, but I thought I should say hi instead of lurking around on the board! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola and welcome. If you search Kiwi-family you will find thier posts about walking with their children a couple of years ago and also walking recently again (this time for charity). The youngest is now 8 years old. Here are the links to their previous and recent blogs, the former you need to check the archive entries starting in June 2012 and the latter starts in April 2014. Read and be inspired, it is possible and there will be a number of folk who can help you both as you plan.
Buen Camino

Wow! Thank you so much, Tia. Those blogs will definitely be helpful; you are so thoughtful to steer me in their direction.
Blessings to you!

Hello Mary, it sounds like you are prepared to be flexible about your camino. I think this is an excellent basis for having the time of your life! You will be fine. I saw a couple walking with a baby. They kept stopping for picnics and didn't try to walk too far each day. I also met a mother and young daughter (maybe 10 yrs old) and the girl was so proud of what she had achieved it brought tears to my eyes...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mary as they say your Camino has already begun. Planning is a big part of the fun in doing this. I went in 2013 and am now planning for 2016. Have fun and Buen Camino!

Hello, I'm new here (obviously). My name is Mary and my daughter and I are planning to walk the Camino in the summer months of 2017. She'll be 9 years old by then, and even though she's a total baby now (at 6 years old she still gets whiny and cry-ly when tired), I think by taking it slow, spending two nights in hotels in bigger towns, and taking a train a couple hundred kilometers she'll be old enough to enjoy the journey.
I'm not doing much planning or preparing right now except some reading and saving $, but I thought I should say hi instead of lurking around on the board! :)

Hello Mary, I thought i was the only one trying to save. Me too! I am exactly going the same time as you. I believe it will take three years to save. It should Mary its no small thing. I don't know your plans but if you want to buddy up it would be good to have someone to talk and support you though this planning. What do you think. I live in Melbourne, where do you live ? . I will log off now and hopefully hear from you soon.
Buen Camino Justin Richardson

Hi Mary,

You won't be alone on the camino. I walked the cf in may 2013 and i'm planning my next camino on the ruta de la plata in 2017 but not in the summermonth's, i think that it will be to hot for me.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Mary,

You won't be alone on the camino. I walked the cf in may 2013 and i'm planning my next camino on the ruta de la plata in 2017 but not in the summermonth's, i think that it will be to hot for me.

Its very nice to meet you again even if its the internet. (MY GOSH!) You have already done the Camino, I am impressed! So you reckon the summer months are to hot, I think I would be able to handle them as living in Australia can get very hot like 40 + so no problem there Mary. I am going August 2017, three years of saving hard plus I am flying from Australia which will cost quite a bit to I might add. Then after the walk I am going to Italy to help with the grape harvest. but my main dream is to see the Uffizzi Gallery in Florence. When do you think you will go Mary ? The colder months are not the same, weather wise I am adapted to all seasons being born in New Zealand it can get very cold and snow very hard some times. Just a rough idea how much do you need to save for the Camino ? Well Mary I will leave it there for now I hope that we continue our new friendship and meet some day, Take Care Justin.

Great attitude Mary - enjoy the journey and nice to meet you:))

Buen Camino !

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.