• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hospital del alma

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A

Anemone del Camino

I keep seing posts about where to stay, what albergue to avoid, but I don't think I have read anything about the Hospital del alma is Castrojeriz. It brought me to tears. Have others stopped there? If so, what are your thoughts? To me it embodies the Camino, incliding the glimpse into local architecture and geomorphism.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
This year my Camino ended in Castrojeriz yesterday. I had a short walking day from Hontanas and I cried all the 9 kilometers. When I reached Castrojeriz I went to Hospital del Alma - it was the perfect end to my Camino. I went there one more time later in the evening when I was a little less emotional, end I just can't say enough beautiful things about that place!!!

Most read last week in this forum