• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hotel in Madrid

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi can anybody recomend a reasonably inexpensive Hotel in Madrid?

I am beginning my 2nd camino tomorrow, sept 4th.
I will arrive in SJPDP tomorrow evening and begin my walking on sept 5th and will walk to
Burgos. (Last year I walked from Burgos to Santiago)
I hope to get to Burgos in around 8 to 10 days and then take a couple of days in amdrid to rest up and maybe take in a soccer game on sunday 16th march.

So if anyone is on the camino this time look out for Peter from Dublin,Ireland.

Buen camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Peter! I'm starting in Logrono on Sept 11. When I get to Madrid, I will be spending the night at Hotel Plaza D'Ort. 40 euro/night for single with bath (can't remember if it's a full or 1/2 bath, but I really don't care). http://www.plazadort.com/ is their website & you can make reservations through the email address.

It's very close to Puerto Sol. There is a laundry nearby & an internet cafe (I scoped the area out when I was there in May).

If they are full, there are plenty of pensiones & hosteles in the area, although I can't vouch for them. If you have a little more $, Hotel Ateneo on the other side of Puerto Sol is a good place to stay as well.

Kelly

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum