• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Budget hotel in Madrid

bkkboy

Time of past OR future Camino
Any recommendations for a convenient budget hotel in Madrid? Arriving at Adolfo Suárez airport at 8 pm, and catching a train from Puerta de Atocha the next day at 10:35 am. Looking for a convenient budget hotel, probably near the subway. Flying from Thailand so I just want to sleep.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Any recommendations for a convenient budget hotel in Madrid? Arriving at Adolfo Suárez airport at 8 pm, and catching a train from Puerta de Atocha the next day at 10:35 am. Looking for a convenient budget hotel, probably near the subway. Flying from Thailand so I just want to sleep.

Can you give us a specific pricerange?

What is 'budget'? I stayed in one close to Atocha but it might not be in your 'budget'.
What part of Thailand are you from?
We live in Bangkok when not in Australia.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We stayed here. Quiet, clean, pods with locking doors. A few blocks from Atocha.

Take either the express bus or the Cercanías train directly to Atocha station from the airport. Express bus leaves from each terminal. Cercanías leaves from T4.

Many hostels have private rooms with facilities these days and much cheaper than hotels. Look on hostelworld.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We stayed here. Close to the Prada Museum. Don’t know how far it is from the airport or to the train station. We came in from the train station and out via the airport. Neither were too far but you’ll need a bus or a cab. The hotel had a transport to the airport.

We stayed here. Close to the Prada Museum. Don’t know how far it is from the airport or to the train station. We came in from the train station and out via the airport. Neither were too far but you’ll need a bus or a cab. The hotel had a transport to the airport.
Did you mean to post a name or a link?

We stay at Hostal Viky in Barajas, They have a free shuttle from the airport (10 Minutes) and you can get a city bus to the train station from the town center (2 blocks away)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you want to go into the center city I stayed at Hostel Met Madrid. It was right by the Mercado and the Camino church is just down the street. Subway very close.

There is a hotel Sleep N Atocha, Doctor Drunken, 4, Centro, Madrid about 300 Mtrs from the Atocha station. The single rooms are small but about 80 Euro.
Better option is a pension close to the station. There are a few

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks. I booked a hotel near the airport as we are arriving at 8 pm, likely to get to the hotel about 10 pm. How long should I allow to get through immigration and reserve a shuttle bus? two hours?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How do I find pensions on the Internet?
I have had good success using booking.com ... you can enter your price range to narrow down selections. We have stayed in private rooms in hostels and pensions that have been every bit as nice as in good hotels. Check reviews!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.