A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Hotel in Madrid

Hi can anybody recomend a reasonably inexpensive Hotel in Madrid?

I am beginning my 2nd camino tomorrow, sept 4th.
I will arrive in SJPDP tomorrow evening and begin my walking on sept 5th and will walk to
Burgos. (Last year I walked from Burgos to Santiago)
I hope to get to Burgos in around 8 to 10 days and then take a couple of days in amdrid to rest up and maybe take in a soccer game on sunday 16th march.

So if anyone is on the camino this time look out for Peter from Dublin,Ireland.

Buen camino

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Hi Peter! I'm starting in Logrono on Sept 11. :) When I get to Madrid, I will be spending the night at Hotel Plaza D'Ort. 40 euro/night for single with bath (can't remember if it's a full or 1/2 bath, but I really don't care). http://www.plazadort.com/ is their website & you can make reservations through the email address.

It's very close to Puerto Sol. There is a laundry nearby & an internet cafe (I scoped the area out when I was there in May).

If they are full, there are plenty of pensiones & hosteles in the area, although I can't vouch for them. If you have a little more $, Hotel Ateneo on the other side of Puerto Sol is a good place to stay as well.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • May

Votes: 84 24.8%
  • June