• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hotel recomendations

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi,
I will be on the Norte route in July and my wife will be with me also, for a few days, as we are celebrating our wedding aniversary.
I would like to stay in a hotel in either Irun or San Sebastion or indeed other etapa end points in the first 5 days.
Can anybody recommend a hotel or pension along the first few etapas on the norte route out of Irun?

Any help appreciated.

Peter

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Peter,
The beautiful, small (but touristy), seaside town of Hondarribia is only a few km from Irún, and buses there and back are frequent. We took the afternoon before we started from Irún to walk around, and saw lots of old stone charming hotels in addition to the fancy parador. That might be a nice place to celebrate a wedding anniversary -- I know that there is a camino marked from there, which hooks up with the one leaving from Irún a few kms in, but I am not sure how well marked it is.
Buen camino! Laurie

Most read last week in this forum