• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

how can I get mail in Santiago?

swallow

Im in Irache on the caminotoday ( beautiful warm clear day perfect forwalking!)and realize that Ineed to receive a piece of mail in Santiago.>How can<imanage this with the postal service?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You can have it addressed to yourself at the post office (Correo) in Santiago. If you are sending it go into any Correo on the route and they will tell you what to do and will confirm the address where you wish to send it.

If someone else is sending it tell them to post it to You (your name) at the post office near the cathedral in Santiago which is:

Your Name
Lista de Correos
Travesa de Fonseca,
Santiago de Compostela
Spain

However the Post Office will only guarantee to keep it for you for 15 days.

If this is simply a piece of mail and not a package you can have it sent to the Pilgrims Office and they will keep it for you:

Rúa do Vilar, 1, 1º.
15705 SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
A Coruña - España

However I must stress that this is a courtesy service for pilgrims and the Pilgrims' Office accepts no responsibility for the mail which is delivered for pilgrims. It is not suitable for valuable or vitally important documents,

You may also consider having it sent to the hotel or hostal where you are going to stay in Santiago.

I hope this helps.

John

I was told that, unlike elsewhere in Spain where there is a two week limit, at Santiago the post office will hold mail and packages for 4 weeks. We did this and had no problem, sending things on for just on a month in advance.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum