• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How do I get from Barcelona to St. Jean

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
One option is to head to to Pamplona. There are direct trains and buses from Barcelona to Pamplona. From Pamplona you can probably get fairly easily to Roncevalles and presumably over to St Jean.
Also if you are not set on walking from St Jean you can simply start walking from Pamplona - you only miss out on a crazy first day climb over the pyrenees and there are yellow arrows in the centre of Pamplona.

Thank you for the information. Do you know of any web sites for buses around Spain? I was also thinking of renting a car, being from California we love to drive and it would afford me a way to see the country side. has anyone driven this route?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have the same question! I'll be in Barcelona in June and would like to either start walking from St. Jean or I'd like to make my way to Lourdes (maybe renting a car to check out some surrounding towns) If you can, let me know what you find out!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you're going to be in Barcelona, consider spending at least a day there for touristing. It's a fantastic city with lots of great things to see!

Most read last week in this forum