• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HOW TO GET THERE? Fm.Gatwick airport to St Jean Pied de Port

wildflower

Can anyone tell me the least expensive means of transportation from Gatwick airport (arriving (9AM, Sept. 7) to St Jean Pied de Port?
The transportation in London to another airport, flights, trains, busses cost quite a lot and it seems complicated to make arrangements/reservations from the US.
Are there some less expensive ways to make that trip? Maybe some of you have found more affordable, less complicated ways.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
why go tru the u.k?
you can get in by toulouse from u.s.a for about 500 return!
then from toulouse train is about 60-90euros to st-jean-pied-de-port!
on your way back from santiago you can get a cheap airfare back to toulouse or other city in europe!

Stanstead to SJPP

Hello
I am hoping to walk on 3 July -- to Santiago from St Jean Pied du Port. How do I get from Stanstead to st jean Pied du Port ? do i take the flight to Le Pau or Biarritz. And, how do I get from Biarritz to SJPP

please let me know
Many thanks
katy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dawn

Dawn,
Where do you live? Are you in the US? Where?
That really makes a difference in how you go.

Gatwick is not a main airport and is not as easy to get out of as Heathrow in my experience.

What are the dates of your travel?
I have spent hours on this and may be able to help you a little.

Deborah

santos said:
why go tru the u.k?
you can get in by toulouse from u.s.a for about 500 return!
then from toulouse train is about 60-90euros to st-jean-pied-de-port!
on your way back from santiago you can get a cheap airfare back to toulouse or other city in europe!

Hi, may I ask you what companies do provide flights between Santiago and Toulouse as you've said, please? Thanks a lot.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum