• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

HOW TO GET THERE? Fm.Gatwick airport to St Jean Pied de Port

wildflower

Can anyone tell me the least expensive means of transportation from Gatwick airport (arriving (9AM, Sept. 7) to St Jean Pied de Port?
The transportation in London to another airport, flights, trains, busses cost quite a lot and it seems complicated to make arrangements/reservations from the US.
Are there some less expensive ways to make that trip? Maybe some of you have found more affordable, less complicated ways.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

santos

why go tru the u.k?
you can get in by toulouse from u.s.a for about 500 return!
then from toulouse train is about 60-90euros to st-jean-pied-de-port!
on your way back from santiago you can get a cheap airfare back to toulouse or other city in europe!

katy06

Stanstead to SJPP

Hello
I am hoping to walk on 3 July -- to Santiago from St Jean Pied du Port. How do I get from Stanstead to st jean Pied du Port ? do i take the flight to Le Pau or Biarritz. And, how do I get from Biarritz to SJPP

please let me know
Many thanks
katy

Deborah

Dawn

Dawn,
Where do you live? Are you in the US? Where?
That really makes a difference in how you go.

Gatwick is not a main airport and is not as easy to get out of as Heathrow in my experience.

What are the dates of your travel?
I have spent hours on this and may be able to help you a little.

Deborah

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

pkrkoska

santos said:
why go tru the u.k?
you can get in by toulouse from u.s.a for about 500 return!
then from toulouse train is about 60-90euros to st-jean-pied-de-port!
on your way back from santiago you can get a cheap airfare back to toulouse or other city in europe!

Hi, may I ask you what companies do provide flights between Santiago and Toulouse as you've said, please? Thanks a lot.

none of them do. :) The company that runs airports in Spain is called AENA http://www.aena.es
This page gives you a list of which airports are served from Santiago. As you can see, there aren't currently any flights to France, though you can fly to Paris from Corunna or Vigo

See viewtopic.php?t=983 for a possible Santiago-Paris service later this year - though Corunna claims it's going to run from their airport, not Santiago :?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads