• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to get to Astorga from Bilbao

aineol

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2019
Sorry if this has been answered before. Does anyone know the best route to get from Bilbao to Astorga? I am flying in to Bilbao on the 19th April (Good Friday) so it looks like transport options are limited. The only train seems to depart before 10am which is too early for my flight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hallo aineol,

it really looks, that a train is on that special day not the best way to get to Astorga. I also didn´t find a train or a bus directly from Bilbao to Astorga, but you can go with a bus step by step Bilbao-Oviedo-Leon and from there Astorga.

www. alsa.es

Bilbao Estacion Termibus 12:05
Oviedo 15:35

price: 41,84 €

Oviedo 16:45
Leon 19:00

price: 8,96€

Because of Good Friday it looks like it could be the end of the trip for that day.
I train would need 30 minutes to Astorga, so a taxi would be not soooo expensive , if it´s necessary to arrive in Astorga on Friday.

Or at Saturday

Leon 10:15
Astorga 10:50

price: 3,90 €

There could be a local bus company too, which could manage it on Friday, but I didn´t find something in the internet.

All the best for you

Michael

Hi Michael,

That's incredibly helpful! Thank you so much.

Yes, I should have given the day more thought in terms of travel- it was simply the best day I could fly in. I will certainly look at local buses, but it looks like I'll have to arrive in Astorga on the Saturday.

Thanks again!
Aine

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Rome2rio.com

Most read last week in this forum