• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to travel from Hendaye to SJPP? Buy Bus and Train tickets?

Eduardo Afonso

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Central Português, 2014.
Caminho Central Português, 2015.
A planear Caminho Francês, 2015.
Hi, I am planing to to do the way from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago by bike, and I will take a train from Oporto to Hendaye and there take another to Bayonne, where I will take a Bus to SJPP.
I am not sure of how to buy the Hendaye -> Bayonne and the Bayonne -> SJPP tickets.

If some one has a better idea of how to go from Oporto to SJPP please feel free to tell me. I will really appreciate.

Thanks for all.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From Hendaye you can take a local TER train to Bayonne continuing with a train/bus combo to SJPdP. Use this link for the current schedules.
There is no problem transporting bikes on a TER train; however there might be a problem on the bus. Reservations are not taken for these TER transports. You may purchase your tickets in advance on line or the day of travel when you arrive in Hendaye.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The train portion of the Bayonne to SJPdP goes to Cambo les Bains. Perhaps you might want to consider cycling from Cambo les Bains.

The only way to shorten the time of travel from Oporto might be to fly to Madrid and onward to San Sebastian. The San Sebastian airport is 5 km from Gare d'Hendaye.

Thanks for you answer. We are considering cycling from Cambo les Bains.
Best Regards from Oporto!

Most read last week in this forum