• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I love this Christmas song

C

Castilian

In Palencia, every year on January 1st is celebrated the baptism of Child Jesus. Among the acts to celebrate it, there's a procesión (parade) on the streets with the image of Child Jesús and during it, people sings the traditional local Christmas song called Ea. On this vid you can see (part of) the procesión and you can hear people singing the refrain part of the Ea Christmas song when Child Jesus is danced and you can hear a band playing the non-refrain part(s) of it when Child Jesus isn't danced. I recommend to read the full description of the vid because it includes the long and beautiful full lyrics of the Ea Christmas song as they sing it in Palencia.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8zMVhP3Tc

The lyrics are so long that a shortened version is usually sung. An example of the shortened version (this time sung -both the refrain and the non-refrain parts- by a folk group) can be found at:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS4KAIYbXgM

The Ea Christmas song isn't just sung in Palencia. Variants of it are sung on other towns so you might find some different lyrics depending where you hear it or who you hear to sing it.

I hope you like the music and lyrics as much as I like them.

Enjoy!

P.S.: I know many of you know enough Spanish as to understand the lyrics written in Spanish and/or are good enough as to be able to get a decent translation using an online translator but I could translate them if it was necessary.

P.S. (2): Note that at some point during the first vid the bishop himself is one of the persons that carry and dance Child Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum