• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I'm Back

waveprof

Enthusiast
Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2013, Camino Frances
I haven't posted in a year or two but I'm going to try to be back more regularly now. Am living summers in Donostia/San Sebastián (the benefit of both being able to work from "home" in summers). Walked the Norte backwards about half a dozen times last summer from Donostia to Pasaia. That is, I believe, the first day of the Norte. Funny to see pilgrims so new and fresh faced walking the other direction.

Big plans to do the Norte some day and then do the Frances again starting from Paris, but with a (currently) 4 year old in the house, that might be a while. But he walked the 9-10 km from Donostia to Pasaia three times himself last summer (and that is a pretty hilly stretch), so I see more caminos in his future. But next time we won't be carrying him.

Main reason I'm posting this it to show my mother how to post on the forum. Yes, I've unleashed my mother on this site. You'll probably never forgive me for it.

Seeing that mspath is still active and posting regularly on this site just about made my day.

Buen camino, Bide onetik

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Good to have you back!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very funny... his mother.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very funny... his mother.
Hello G-Mom!

I love the picture you chose for you avatar, carrying Kapa on his first Camino. I was one of the people you actually metvon that walk, passing each other here and there. Watching the four of you sharing that moment, the three generations, is one of my fondest Camino memories.

Welcome to the Fourm! But a word of warning: hang around here too much and you may find yourself back out on a Camino, and an obscure, little travelled one on top of it!

Welcome G-Mom!

Most read last week in this forum