• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Introduction to the Camino Portugues

Interpreter

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés
My husband and I walked the Camino Frances last year in 34 days. We have been talking about returning to the Camino and may be do the Camino Portugues next time. How long is the whole route? Does it start in Lisbon? How do the two routes compare/differ? Is one any harder than the other?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Interpreter!
The route [camino] starts in Lisbon. But many walk just from Porto.
There are now two routes - the conventional inland route, and the coastal route.
Can't compare it with the Frances - never walked the Frances, as I prefer quieter walks.
My diaries [on my web] cover Lisbon to Porto, and Porto to SdC
Hope this helps a little ....

Hi Stephen,
Thank you for your reply! Did you take the coastal or inland route?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Stephen, I liked your Pilgrimage 1 (Porto - Santiago) blog. It was useful as I'm walking that myself in a couple of weeks.

Most read last week in this forum