• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

IPhone translator app

jstorybook

Time of past OR future Camino
October-November 2013
Greetings! I have just downloaded a translation app for the IPhone--it works great. It not only will translate the words it also has an audio function so you can actually hear the words spoken with the correct accent, inflection etc. However, I am wondering if Europeans might consider it rude to use it? I only know a few sentences of French and fewer of Spanish and I was thinking of using the app if I really get stuck needing to communicate something important. What to you think? Thanks.

I should also say that you just need to type in the words and it will say the proper translation.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Both my wife and I downloaded an off line translator app from Lonely Planets.

Works well when there is background noise and you speak clearly and well. Having the ability to either write or speak into the device and it translate simple phrases into Spanish was ideal. It was useful as a tool to learn a bit more Spanish.

Beyond that it was useless in real life situations like a noisy Spanish bar. Generally created for odd and mostly funny results. I could not see myself using to order food, order a room, etc.

Most read last week in this forum