This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Issues with a late March start

jbear

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP to SdC march-may 2015
I thought I had a solid plan A, as well as a back up plan B. Once I decided to fly into MAD I planed to use Corazón Puro, unfortunately they emailed me saying they don't open until the 27. That's three days after I land, I was disappointed to say the least.

So after I got over that I moved to my far less enticing back up plan- ALSA. But as I look on the 'net it seems they don't start service to SJPP until 1 April.

Am I missing something? Do I need to switch my flight to CDG? Did I totally screw up by adding a week to my trip? How are all these winter pilgrems getting to their starting point? Why did Corazón Puro have to foil my plan?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's snow, snow and more snow. One never knows about the weather but late March can still be winter-ish in the Pyrenees which means everywhere between SJPdP to Pamplona. A plane to CDG, train to SJPdP might get you there but then heed the advice you get from the pilgrim's office before you start walking. On 6 march 2015 you would be walking in some lovely sunshine as the recent heavy snowfall melts.

I was discouraged from walking the Napoleon from SJPdP to Roncevalles because of snow, ice, and fog in late MAY. I agree with Don.
And having to spend three extra days in Madrid doesn't exactly sound like a hardship to me. Treat yourself. Maybe use the time to get over jet lag?
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
While I do enjoy Madrid, taking another week off work so I didn't have to rush would be kind of a waste if spent half of it before I start. At this point I'll probably just get myself to Pamplona and spend a day there before I start. It's disappointing, but nothing I can do will change it, so on to plan C. I just need to decide what plan C is

Yes, of course, Don nailed it- snow/ice is what it is. I'll see how things look when I get there. At this point I'm pretty much committed to MAD over CDG. Hoping & praying for clear skys and sunshine, but preparing for fog, snow, and cold.

Just over two weeks until I leave. I am so excited and a little nervous, too.

If you were living under our wonderful sunshine today, it would be no problem. So good luck, I'll update my forecast when it looks like a change is in the winds but for the time being it is smooth sailing for the next 10 day.

Shalom jbear and Greetings from Jerusalem!
CDG might get you to Saint Jean and snow or not , God willing, you will make it to Santiago -ah-what then? You will have to return to Paris to get home! Not the best of plannning at all.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Shalom jbear and Greetings from Jerusalem!
CDG might get you to Saint Jean and snow or not , God willing, you will mherever home is atake it to Santiago -ah-what then? You will have to return to Paris to get home! Not the best of plannning at all.

We all have to go home after the Camino, wherever home is during that stage of our lives. SY

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

From Pamplona, you can catch a bus to Roncesvalles. And I bet there are other pilgrims wanting to get to Roncesvalles also. You might consider putting a post up here to share a taxi?

From Pamplona, you can catch a bus to Roncesvalles. And I bet there are other pilgrims wanting to get to Roncesvalles also. You might consider putting a post up here to share a taxi?
Yes! Plan C is coming into focus. I need to double check the time tables and make a post over in the ride share area. Hoping I don't need plan D, because that will most likely be to start in Roncesvalles.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Pamplona is a good startingpoint too!

I started from Pamplona - March 23 2014 - as I didn't have time to start in SJPdP. It was a great starting point and a wonderful camino!

buen camino

Most read last week in this forum