• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itching to get going!

Claireabella

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de santiago - 2017
Hello there. Im from Northern Ireland and i hope to walk the Camino in 2017. I watched The Way and then immediately started researching the Camino on the internet. I watched loads of pilgrim journeys and think they are all awesome. I am hopefully doing it with my sister and the reason i have to wait so long is because i don't have the funds this year, next year my youngest daughter has exams and i am tutoring her over the summer and so 2017 is clear. Plenty of time for planning! So excited even now. It has given me a goal and now i live every day like its my Camino. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How exciting for you!
Now you have over a year to plan.
Lots of good reading on this forum and lots of people to help you.
I know you will have a Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Claireabella!
I feel your excitement! Its amazing isn't it? I builds and builds until you feel like a child at Christmas just before you go!
You have a great advantage planning so far in advance, you can learn Spanish if you don't already speak it? You can do lots of training walks and glean a massive amount of information from this great forum.
Welcome and Buen camino!
Sarah

Hi Claireabella!
I feel your excitement! Its amazing isn't it? I builds and builds until you feel like a child at Christmas just before you go!
You have a great advantage planning so far in advance, you can learn Spanish if you don't already speak it? You can do lots of training walks and glean a massive amount of information from this great forum.
Welcome and Buen camino!
Sarah
Yes Sarah you said it in a nutshell. And your right i have decided to go to Spanish classes to gain a little lingo, i have heard that a lot of the locals don't speak English, although im sure your never stuck, but yes to know a little would be good! Have you been? And if so what did you love most about it?

Yes I have been, I walked the Camino Frances in 2 stages and I loved all of it except maybe the blisters? So much so that I'm going again to repeat my first stage in September this year, and next year? Who knows? Finish the Frances again or walk the Portugese or Ingles or Del Norte. Be warned its addictive! :D
I love walking all day through beautiful countryside, finding a simple place to sleep, doing laundry, writing my journal and sharing a delicious,communal meal with some of the wonderful pilgrims that you meet.
It's a really good feeling that you have used your body purposefully and achieved something and earned a rest and reward at the end of the day. You meet such interesting, like-minded people from all over the world and keep in touch with some of them. I can't ever imagine taking a 'classic' beach holiday ever again.
The Forum will show you just how helpful, caring and even loving pilgrims can be to each other. Any questions? Someone here will have an answer. I'm still a bit of a newbie, not quite a veteran but will answer anything I can. Don't hesitate to ask.
Sarah

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes I have been, I walked the Camino Frances in 2 stages and I loved all of it except maybe the blisters? So much so that I'm going again to repeat my first stage in September this year, and next year? Who knows? Finish the Frances again or walk the Portugese or Ingles or Del Norte. Be warned its addictive! :D
I love walking all day through beautiful countryside, finding a simple place to sleep, doing laundry, writing my journal and sharing a delicious,communal meal with some of the wonderful pilgrims that you meet.
It's a really good feeling that you have used your body purposefully and achieved something and earned a rest and reward at the end of the day. You meet such interesting, like-minded people from all over the world and keep in touch with some of them. I can't ever imagine taking a 'classic' beach holiday ever again.
The Forum will show you just how helpful, caring and even loving pilgrims can be to each other. Any questions? Someone here will have an answer. I'm still a bit of a newbie, not quite a veteran but will answer anything I can. Don't hesitate to ask.
Sarah
Thanks so much. Im so glad you had great experiences on the Camino! Note to self - Bring a journal

Can't resist, as long as your only itching to go, you're fine. Just had an itchy Camino so the title of your post stood out. Haha!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back