• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

It's official - we are going

november_moon

Veteran Member
We just bought our plane tickets for next summer. It's official - we are going on our Camino
We have 3 weeks for the trip, including travel to and from San Francisco, so I think we will walk from Leon to Santiago. I'm excited though - we have our tickets (and using airline miles too, so super cheap which makes it even better).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wahoo! Congratulations.

I come from northern California as well and believe we have unlimited places to "train" for the Camino. You'll have much time to read forums, talk long walks, build backpack, and figure out a plan which works best for you.

Your Camino has begun.

Last edited:
november_moon,

How very exciting! I agree with mralisn, you will have plenty of time to prepare. This forum is the BEST for information. I have counted on it for many months and the knowledge I've gained is priceless. Search away, and don't be affraid to ask.
Congratulations!

Buen Camino,
Angela

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks for the support guys
And you are correct mralisin - there is no shortage of great places to walk in my area. Even in San Jose itself, we have walking trails that go for miles. And close by, we have state and county parks with a lot of great hiking. We have the added benefit of pretty nice weather year round, so we can condition ourselves all winter.

Not to mention your proximity to Yosemite and Pinnacles! I have to drive 7 hours from the southern part of CA

Most read last week in this forum