• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Keen Arroyo II

Pibrac

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept-oct 2012 Camino Frances SJPP-SdC-Fin-Mux
June-july 2017 Camino Frances SJPP-
What do you thanks about Keen Arroyo II. I'am planning to do the Frances in june-july. Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Depending on the amount of ankle support you need, the Arroyo II may work for you. They have the same outsole as the Keen hiking boots and make a good hiking sandal.

Because I am a largish fellow who needs the additional ankle support, I have worn the mid-high Keen Targhee II Gor Tex boot on four Caminos.

But, along the way, I obtained a pair of the Arroyos. Here in warm and humid South Florida, they are my "go to" hiking shoe for day hikes and touring. Be aware that, when I last checked the manufacturer's website, they indicated that this style ran one-half size LARGER than posted.

Also, and FYI, the KeenTarghee II boots run one-half size SMALLER than posted. You must do your research, and factor these facts into your decisions.

When I wear the Arroyo II hiking sandals, I still wear two pair of socks just as I would with the boots. So, and heeding my own admonitions about sizing, my Arroyo II sandals and Targhee boots were both bought to result in a NET size of 12.5 / 46.

My street shoes were a size 11 / 45 but have increased to a 11.5 from four Caminos. I have always maintained that the correct sizing for hiking footwear worn with two pair of socks is from one to one-and-a-half sizes larger than your street shoes.

I start my fifth Camino from Lisbon on 27 April. For this trip I have a new pair of just broken in Keen Targhee II boots. But, were I able to walk with a 12 kg rucksack on mixed terrain with low shoes, the Keen Arroyo II hiking sandals would be at the top of my consideration list.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Andreo. Appreciate

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Do nada! That's what I do...make the mistakes, learn from them, do the research, and share my findings.

It is my retirement "hobby." When not on Camino or volunteering at Santiago, I can usually be found here trying to help others to have a positive, mistake and pain free Camino.

Glad to help.

Most read last week in this forum