• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

late arrival to Biarritz

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi,
Apologies in advance for this query as its very nearly an FAQ.
However I am arriving to Biarritz off ryanair at 1710 and i cannot seem to arrange transport to SJPDP.
I know that there is a bus to bayonne and then a train from there to SJPDP.

However my flight arrives at 1710 and the next train from Bayonne is at 1810 followed by the last train at 2110. So if I miss the 1810 i have a 3 hour wait time.

I have tried Express Bouricat and another company Biarritz airport transfers, but neither are available on Monday 21st at that time.

Does anybody know of another company, or how much a taxi would cost or if there is anyone else traveling at that time we (2) could share with?

Any help appreciated.

Buen Camino.

Peter

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'd suggest staying in Bayonne and taking the 0745 next AM.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum