• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Le Puy to Lisbon

Hola,

I have just reached Santiago from Le Puy and am heading south to Lisbon after a detour to Finn and Muxia. Anyone out there doing the same?

Anyone know how easy it will be to follow the camino Portugues backwards? How about camping spots? Is the trail in the woods and far enough away from civilization to wild camp? What about your favorite pilgrim albergues along the way? Ever use the lista de corrreo system in Portugal? I can´t find Brierleys guide anywhere in Santiago. Is it for sale anywhere else along the way?

If you´ll be heading south, send me an email to bryan_sands@ekit.com.

Buen Camino to all!

Bryan

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
HI Bryan,
Wow, you've done quite the walk! Best of luck on the rest of it!

In terms of Brierley's guide, the only english language guide I've ever seen in Spain is the Studio Editores version (The Way of Saint James)which is so big and heavy that it is more like a glossy coffee table book (which is what I bought it for ) than a guide for the Camino. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum