• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Leon food options?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Any advice on some nice restaurants in Leon.
The closer to the Cathedral the better
Thanks
Seek-out The Four Lions -brewery restaurant, great fresh food and beer, friendly and obliging staff. Best night of my Camino, 2016 http://www.fourlionsbrewery.com/es/inicio https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Four Lions Brewery Leon&ss=ypid.YN6306x16084872518312999112&ppois=42.5988388061523_-5.5685248374939_Four Lions Brewery_YN6306x16084872518312999112~&cp=42.598839~-5.568525&v=2&sV=1
Its close enough to the Cathedral too!

Enjoy!

The closer to the Cathedral, the more focussed on the tourist (and pilgrim) trade: catering for a customer who will never return. Try two or three blocks at least from the traps. Find somewhere where the locals go for lunch or where they take their Gran or their children on an especial day. Eat there. If you would really like a recommendation ask a taxi driver or a Policia Local.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Craft beers in Spain wow. Who would have thought?
Thanks man. It looks good

Thanks. The same advice I give tourists going into NYC.
I tell them don't eat or drink in a 4 block radius of Times Square.
I walk by Applebee's in Times Square & it's packed with tourists.
7 blocks away I walk into what is most likely the best beer bar in the world.
Plenty of seats ( if you go before the locals get out of work lol )

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
One of our BEST MEALS on the camino was at La Mary in Leon - close to the cathedral and the Convent Albergue. Utterly delicious fresh food - we had kale salad, risotto and a black forest gateau concoction that was amazing.

I Totally agree , a great bar with great food and amazing beer and it was so enjoyable I stayed an extra night in Leon just to go back there again and a bonus they give you a large tapas with each pint so for me 3 pints and I was fed and watered

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Plaza Mayor and Plaza San Martin have boundless great restaurants and bars. If you want beer, try the Harley Leon.

Most read last week in this forum