• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

León to Sarria

WSBowles

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2023
I am traveling to León and on Monday want to travel on to Sarria to begin walking there to Santiago. However, despite all the travel apps, it is like you can get there from here. Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Two possible options - but I'm sure others can suggest more.

1) There is an ALSA bus from Leon to Pedrafita do Cebreiro leaving at 10.15 and arriving in Pedrafita at 13.30. Then the local Monbus from Pedrafita to Sarria which leaves at 15.15 and arrives in Sarria at 16.20.

2) Several ALSA buses each day from Leon to Lugo. Then one of the fairly frequent local buses to Sarria.

I couldn't see anything else on Rome2Rio. There were some other options in Google Maps through Ponferrada to Lugo, and then to Sarria.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On Trainline I can see a train trip. Leon to Montfort de Lemos with longish 3 hr layover then on to Sarria. Montfort might be an interesting stopover.

Most read last week in this forum