• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lets Build an Albergue!

For me, La Finca was the most comfortable albergue, welcome for great food and wonderful facilities when I arrived on a cold autumn evening shortly after they opened. But after reading all the above contributions, I see that comfort must not be a priority for me when on camino, or privacy. The wonderful welcome by the two female hospitaleras who were at San Anton the night that I stayed there, and the sense of the centuries of pilgrims who stayed there before me, are most vital to me when on pilgrimage. More than hot water, or electricity, or even wifi. I must be crazy, but the cold water shower, the very basic pilgrim vegetable stew, and the single dormitory with metal bunks proved to be all that I needed. It was simply heavenly. I left with a grateful heart and a sense of wonder for the privilege of being on pilgrimage. I am seized with the hunger to return.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
i Wasn't too partial to the lockers (Noisy in the morning),
I think that lockers should be outside of sleeping areas. Maybe in the bathroom/shower areas. Then one could get up, strip their bed, go to the bathrooms and lockers, pack up and leave without going back into the dorm and disturbing those still sleeping.

Most read last week in this forum