Lezama-Bilbao

PieterL

Oct 3, 2018
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2006)
On Sunday November 3, I would like to walk from Lezama to Bilbao. Is this stage clearly marked? I am staying near restaurant Azurmendi and would lik to do this day hike. My plane leaves at the airport of Bilbao at 2:00 pm. Is it possible to hike this stage in one morning? I would start hiking around 9:00 am (or earlier if necessary).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

amancio

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2007
Durcal, Granada
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
It is perfectly marked, you will have quite a bit of tarmac up to Erandio, then will cross the railway, leave through a small industrial state, cross the motorway over a bridge and then the real ascent begins. This is where the beautiful part of the day begins, the rest is not amazin, really.

I would consider taking a train/taxi and start directly in Erandio.

This said, once you come to the other side, the views are worth it, indeed! You will find quite a few small divertions to see lookout points and the like , do follow them if you have time. The descent onto Bilbao can be knee wrecking, but then you find the Begoña Basilica, the only church which is not flat but on a slope, curiously enough.

Buen camino! (and good choice of a restaurant, amigo!)

Most read last week in this forum

We are cycling and are two people, currently in Santander. We ideally want to book a double room. However we are finding the prices shown on Gronze are sometimes substantially higher when we make...
We are here in Irun, staying at Hotel Alcazar. Where do we start the Camino?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.