• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

list of B & B accommodation

Gail and Ed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a current (2012/13) list of accommodation B&B and/or Hostal locations. We are going to do our 1st Camino in September - at a slower pace and with a few creature comforts like our own bathroom and good wine.
As someone had previously posted "this is 2013 NOT 913" or words to that effect !
Your help appreciated
G&E

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi, Gail and Ed,
I know that this information changes very quickly, but here is one list put together recently by a forum member:

el-camino-frances/topic12557.html

I think that one of the best online sources for current private accommodations is mundicamino.com. It's very easy to use even though it's in Spanish. Once you find the Camino Frances and then see the breakdown of stages, over on the left there is a tab "hospedaje". This is nice for those who are not interested in albergues, because they are included in their own albergue section so all that you will see are private options.

Searching through the forum will also bring up lots of members' recommendations on places as well.

Buen camino, Laurie

Last edited:
Here are two additional nice places which may not be on the Mundicamino list.
Just east of Palas de Rei the hotel/restaurant, La Cabana, has an excellent daily menu and a great bar on the wide verandah with free WiFi. The also offer special pilgrim rates for their rooms. I have never stayed here but always enjoy their food. Here is their web >> http://www.hotel.info/en/hotel-complejo-la-cabana/hotel-162273/.

In Santiago the Hospedario San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop! Most pilgrim rooms are singles at 23 Euros including breakfast, but they do have some pilgrim doubles. Ask about these when you email your query. for space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. They are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for only 12 Euros. They also have more expensive and more elegant tourist accommodation which you can see here. >> http://www.sanmartinpinario.eu/index.php?idIdioma=3

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks to Laurie and Margaret,
For your reply and links they will be a great start. Is most of the accommodation along the "way" or is it down side roads and such, adding extra kms to a days walk. Are there signs for the location/direction to the lodgings? (1st timers can't you tell !)
Ed

Hi, Ed,
There is an abundance of accommodation right along the Camino or with signs pointing you a few meters in one direction or another. If things are very crowded, there will also be opportunities to go further afield, but I wouldn't bother with compiling a list of those. If the situation arises, the people in charge of all the places that are full are likely to suggest more out of the way options. Buen camino, Laurie

"I think that one of the best online sources for current private accommodations is mundicamino.com. It's very easy to use even though it's in Spanish"
- I got it in English vis google Translate. There is a drop down menu in the header titles "Select Language".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum