• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

list of B & B accommodation

Gail and Ed

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a current (2012/13) list of accommodation B&B and/or Hostal locations. We are going to do our 1st Camino in September - at a slower pace and with a few creature comforts like our own bathroom and good wine.
As someone had previously posted "this is 2013 NOT 913" or words to that effect !
Your help appreciated
G&E

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, Gail and Ed,
I know that this information changes very quickly, but here is one list put together recently by a forum member:

el-camino-frances/topic12557.html

I think that one of the best online sources for current private accommodations is mundicamino.com. It's very easy to use even though it's in Spanish. Once you find the Camino Frances and then see the breakdown of stages, over on the left there is a tab "hospedaje". This is nice for those who are not interested in albergues, because they are included in their own albergue section so all that you will see are private options.

Searching through the forum will also bring up lots of members' recommendations on places as well.

Buen camino, Laurie

Last edited:
Here are two additional nice places which may not be on the Mundicamino list.
Just east of Palas de Rei the hotel/restaurant, La Cabana, has an excellent daily menu and a great bar on the wide verandah with free WiFi. The also offer special pilgrim rates for their rooms. I have never stayed here but always enjoy their food. Here is their web >> http://www.hotel.info/en/hotel-complejo-la-cabana/hotel-162273/.

In Santiago the Hospedario San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop! Most pilgrim rooms are singles at 23 Euros including breakfast, but they do have some pilgrim doubles. Ask about these when you email your query. for space to this address >> reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. They are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for only 12 Euros. They also have more expensive and more elegant tourist accommodation which you can see here. >> http://www.sanmartinpinario.eu/index.php?idIdioma=3

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks to Laurie and Margaret,
For your reply and links they will be a great start. Is most of the accommodation along the "way" or is it down side roads and such, adding extra kms to a days walk. Are there signs for the location/direction to the lodgings? (1st timers can't you tell !)
Ed

Hi, Ed,
There is an abundance of accommodation right along the Camino or with signs pointing you a few meters in one direction or another. If things are very crowded, there will also be opportunities to go further afield, but I wouldn't bother with compiling a list of those. If the situation arises, the people in charge of all the places that are full are likely to suggest more out of the way options. Buen camino, Laurie

"I think that one of the best online sources for current private accommodations is mundicamino.com. It's very easy to use even though it's in Spanish"
- I got it in English vis google Translate. There is a drop down menu in the header titles "Select Language".

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back