• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid camino

CaroleH

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.
Hi. I am from Australia. My husband and I are going to walk Madrid to Sahagun, starting May 26. We have done 2 other caminos, the Via de Plata and the Portugues Camino. Really looking forward to this one. Have not yet worked out the first 2 days. Fuencarral to Colmenar viejo, about 24 km?, may be too much for us so early on in the walk. Does anyone know if there is accomodation at all in Tres Cantos and El Goloso please? Sorry if this question has already been answered. Regards CaroleH

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
CaroleH said:
Hi. I am from Australia. My husband and I are going to walk Madrid to Sahagun, starting May 26. We have done 2 other caminos, the Via de Plata and the Portugues Camino. Really looking forward to this one. Have not yet worked out the first 2 days. Fuencarral to Colmenar viejo, about 24 km?, may be too much for us so early on in the walk. Does anyone know if there is accomodation at all in Tres Cantos and El Goloso please? Sorry if this question has already been answered. Regards CaroleH

Hi, CaroleH

There's no accomodation in El Goloso. It's just a train station, with no services, incredible being so close to Madrid.

And, in Tres Cantos, when you arrive to the point where you can cross the motorway to access the town, there's a 4* hotel and something similar, you can imagine, nothing for pilgrims (and very expensive). But, inside the town is possible to find some cheap hotels and pensions. Not easy but possible.

There's two different options, to return to Madrid by train and back in the morning to continue or to continue to Colmenar Viejo. It's only 8 km. left from Tres Cantos and it's possible to find a pension with special prizes for pilgrims. The owner is a pilgrim, too. If you are interested I can give you her telephone number.

If you have any problem while planning your Camino ask what you need, I will try to help you if possible.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Gracias, Javier for your advice re accomodation on early stages of the "Madrid". Yes please, would like the phone number for pension at Colmenar Viejo. We will be in Madrid for a few days before the camino so may catch up with you.

Thanks again
Buen camino
Carole
Australia

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
CaroleH said:
Gracias, Javier for your advice re accomodation on early stages of the "Madrid". Yes please, would like the phone number for pension at Colmenar Viejo. We will be in Madrid for a few days before the camino so may catch up with you.

The pension is called "Hostal Chaveli", and the telephone number is +34.91.845.11.65. The mobile phone for the owner is: +34.626.88.22.37.

She was a pilgrim so she enjoys meeting pilgrims in their Camino a Santiago.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Can someone tell me where the "Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago de Madrid" is located? I can't seem to find an address. We don't have much time before we begin walking, but would like to visit the office.
Thanks.
lynne

Here is the information from the website of the Association of Friends of the Camino in Madrid. Here is the link: http://www.demadridalcamino.org

AsociaciĂłn de Amigos de los Caminos de Santiago de Madrid
c/ Carretas 14, 7, B-1 (metro Sol)
Tlf.: +34 91 5232211
Martes y jueves: 19:00 a 21:00 (abierto todo el año)
Miércoles: 11:00 a 12:30 (abierto todo el año excepto en Julio y Agosto)
Miércoles: 19:00 a 21:00 (suplemento horario sólo durante Mayo, Junio y Julio)

I don't know if you can read the Spanish. It is Calle Carretas 14, 7th floor, Room B=1
Tuesday and Thursday 7 - 9 pm. (open all year)
Wednesday: 11:00 - 12:30 (open all year except July and August)
Wednesday: 7 - 9 pm (additional schedule only during May, June and July)

It is at the Metro Stop "Sol". The street goes along side the Ayuntamiento Building - directly opposite "El Corte Inglés" and the Bear and Tree.

Hope that helps.
Buen Camino,

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Deirdre - that's exactly what I needed. And it seems it's not too far from Hostal Persal where we're staying!
Gracias.
lynne

Hi Lynne,
The office is extremely close to Persal....I know it well, I've stayed there more than once in Madrid. A great hostal, wonderful location and excellent breakfast! You're right off Plaza Santa Ana as well. It is only about a 2-3 minute walk to the Association office!
Buen Camino,

Gracias Javier for the phone number.
Cheers
CaroleH

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.